Wednesday 2 November 2011

More map screen print - process

This screen printed map thing I'm doing is made up of 6 separations (Or rather it's going to be; 3 more to do) that are all drawn in pencil, straight onto thick tracing paper. I find it far easier to draw straight onto tracing paper than muck around with scanning in and printing back out on to transparencies. I've tried a few different tracing papers and find that the Goldline 112gsm A3 pads are a good option if you're not up for forking out squillions of quids.

These are the 6 separations I drew, then exposed directly onto the screens. I find it nearly impossible to not smudge graphite all over the paper while I'm drawing, but then I suppose I don't have the cleanest style of drawing anyway so I don't worry about that too much.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, A very insightful post. Thanks for the info. Its great that if our default settings are giving us messy or stringy builds, this dialog can probably help.Thanks for the information.

    Screen Print

    ReplyDelete